This class is being provided in collaboration with Karen Ahuja and Mount Sequoyah Center. 50% of the class fees will go to support Mount Sequoyah Center.
Karen will teach you to paint a 16 x 20 Floral Painting in this acrylic painting workshop for beginner to advanced levels. All participants will leave the event with new painting skills and a freshly finished painting! The class includes access to water, paper towels, hair dryer and paper paint plates.
You will need to bring your own acrylic paints, brushes, and 12 x 12 or 16 x 16 canvas, easel optional and clothes that can get dirty. (For an additional $50 you can use my paints and supplies. I will bring all fo the the paints, canvas and paint brushes you will need to create your artwork.)
– Hard or soft body acrylics (any brand). For best results and color intensity, I have included my preferred brands below.
titanium white (any)
titanium bluff (any)
neutral gray #8 (liquidtex)
sap green or jenkins green (liquidtex or golden)
vivid lime green (liquidtex or golden)
Fluid Acrylics: (I recommend Golden 1 oz kit found on Amazon for about $40)
Golden Green Gold fluid (1oz)
Golden Teal fluid (1oz)
1. Bring a variety from detailed size to large washes. This brush set from Amazon is affordable and has a good variety of brushes.
2. My personal favorites are filberts.
Here is the one I use most often https://www.dickblick.com/items/06799-5034/
– Apron or clothes that will get paint on them.
– 16 x 20 or 16 x 16 canvas
– Easel (optional) You may not need an easel… We will paint mostly flat
Mount Sequoyah Center
150 N. Skyline Drive
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Adults 21 and older can BYOB if that will help with your painting process. Due to Social Distancing, class is limited to 10 participants, ages 16 and older. Everyone will be required to follow the best practices as stated by Fayetteville which may include wearing a mask. Updated rules for Fayetteville will be distributed before the class